- The Advanced Beginner level is being eliminated. All AB dancers will become Intermediate dancers. Current Intermediate dancers who have been in Intermediate for a year or more, have danced in at least 3 live competitions during the calendar year of 2013 and have placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their dances will move into Novice. (Effective January 1, 2014.)
- Effective immediately: dancers who advance a level in a dance will compete at the advanced level within eight weeks of their win. Dancers may only compete in one level above the dance in the lowest level. For championship events, dancers will compete at the level of the majority of their dances.
- Colored ghillies are not allowed in solo or ceili dance competitions. Black patent leather ghillies are allowed. Colored ghillies may be worn on the podium or in Freestyle routines.
- Dance Drama will be eliminated as a competitive option.
- Times for Freestyle routines have changed.
- Dancers who routinely have less than 5 competitors in their competitions (such as adults) need to score an 85 or above twice in a specific dance to advance to the next level in that dance.
- Novice dancers will be given the choice of traditional or slow speed for the Treble Jig and Hornpipe steps at Championship events.
- Jockey to the Fair (traditional set) has been incorrectly listed as speed 72. The correct speed is 92.
Will be held in Philadelphia in July, exact date and location TBA.
For this year only, there are no qualifying marks or dances required to compete at Nationals. Dancers should attend 3 live feiseanna, of any organization (unless they live in an area where this is not possible), between September 1, 2013 and July 1, 2014, in order to participate in Nationals.
RTN Nationals is a qualifying event for the CRDM World Championships for dancers at the Champion level.