Here are the results of our virtual Members' Meeting (online voting):
Beth & Gillian have been re-elected to the Board. We are currently without an official treasurer. Molly will continue as acting treasurer.
1. Blackbird will now be danced at speed 138
2. Beginner & Intermediate speeds will be set to 113 reel & slip jig, 116 light jig, 120 single jig
3. Beginners need to place 1st, 2nd or 3rd to advance into Intermediate (per dance).
4. There will be new trad sets, starting in September, and being the set for qualifying events through the dance year.
5. Teachers may choose which figure to perform in a ceili dance.
6. We will have one level of champions for competitions.
7. Intermediates U10 will be counted in. In combined categories where a U9 or U10 is dancing with U 11, that U11 group will be counted in.
8. We will create an Adult Open category for adults wishing to compete for fun. The Adult Open category will have soft shoe (dancers may choose which dance to do but all soft shoes will compete as one competition), hard shoe (again, dancers will compete against each other regardless of if they are doing treble jig or hornpipe) and a trad set competition. First, second and third prizes will be awarded. Adults who want to concentrate on advancing through the levels will enter the same competitions they have been entering and may be grouped with younger dancers if there are not enough people to make up at least 5 in the competition. Over 21 dancers who enter Adult Open cannot enter other solo dance categories.
9. Champion levels will have a soft shoe round, hard shoe round and a non-trad set in regular feisanna. One prize will be awarded for the combined score of all three rounds. Dancers who are champion in at least one soft and one hard shoe dance may enter the championship competition, and they may enter another level for the remainder of their dances. Trad sets may be offered as a separate category for champions.
10. Champions will now dance 2 steps of each dance, except reels, where they dance 2.5 steps (or Right foot of the 3rd step).
Please note: We are no longer using score-based level advancement. If a first place is not awarded in a dance, no one will advance (including at the beginner level).
We will have the website updated once we confirm the contract with our venue.
**To qualify for Nationals 2015, dancers must compete in 2 out of 3 RTN qualifying events: the New England Championship in October, the Mid-Atlantic Championships in March and the final qualifier will be in May in PA (event TBD).